Saturday, January 10, 2009

Happy Birthday to Michael!!


So my wonderful husband celebrated his 29th birthday earlier this week with a wonderful dinner at a BBQ restaurant that he has been wanting to try out since we moved here. Everything about it was excellent, we both loved our dinners of tri tip and ribs, complete with mashed sweet potatoes, macaroni and cheese, and baked beans. We saved dessert for at home though, because I had gotten up early Sunday morning to make him his favorite dessert, Pecan Pie. I find pecan pie disgusting, and I hardly want to blog about it, but for Michael, I will. He says it is the best Pecan Pie, and that is tastes just like it is supposed to. Sorry for the lack of picture, maybe if you look close you will see that the candle he is about to blow out is sticking in a piece of pie!

Pecan Pie
From Pioneer Woman (who else would I turn to for such decadence?)
Check her out for great step by step picture directions as well as the finished product!

1 unbaked pie crust
1 cup white sugar
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup corn syrup
1/3 cup melted butter (regular, salted)
3 eggs, beaten
1/4 teaspoon vanilla
1 heaping cup chopped pecans

Mix sugar, brown sugar, salt, corn syrup, butter, eggs, and vanilla together in a bowl.
Pour chopped pecans in the bottom of the pie shell. Pour syrup mixture over the top. Bake pie at 350 degrees for 50 minutes, being careful not to burn pecans and crust.
Allow to cool for several hours or overnight. Serve in thin slivers.

2 comments:

What's Cookin Chicago said...

I love pecans and I'm sure I'd love this pie! What a great treat to celebrate with!

#1SAHM said...

happy b-day to your hubby! : )