Friday, August 22, 2008

Favorite Cookies of All Time!!!

These are the cookies that undo my greatest gumption and will power. I could resist the brownies and the chocolate chip cookies, but not these cookies. I can't stop eating these cookies until every last one is gone. They smell amazing, they are the perfect size, and I think they are cute cookies, if there is such a thing! I couldn't really get a good photograph of them, but don't judge, they will knock your socks off! The original recipe is from allrecipes, but I use a modified version (shown below), that someone else has posted in the comments, and I have never once had a problem with it. Every time it makes perfect little chocolaty pillows of decadence. I do cook on silicone mats (not necessary though), and I measure my cookies out with my cookies scoop, I just love the uniformity of them. Get cooking, these ones are worth it!!!


White Chip Chocolate Cookies
Submitted by KATCOLTER
Yields 5 dozen cookies

INGREDIENTS:
1 cup butter, softened
2/3 cups white sugar

2/3 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 12 oz bag of white chocolate chips


DIRECTIONS:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; stir into the creamed mixture. Fold in the white chocolate chips. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
Bake for 10 minutes in the preheated oven, until cookies are set. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.

3 comments:

Jaime said...

i'm generally not a fan of chocolate cookies - i prefer regular cookies w/chocolate in them - but these do look tasty w/the white chips! :)

What's Cookin Chicago said...

Mmm - this looks great! Thanks for posting... I'm just starting to review my cookie recipes and this is a great one to add for my holiday baking!

ErinsFoodFiles said...

I made these and they are awesome! Here's my experience! Thanks for posting this great recipe!