Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Raspberry Muffins

I recieved this recipe from my wedding caterer with a muffin cook book and my muffin tins. She had printed it on an index card and put it in the cookbook, which I thought was the sweetest thing. I have been eager to try them for a while now, as she is a fantastic baker whose goods are in coffee shops around town, so last night was finally the perfect opportunity. The only thing I will chang next time is I will add more berries. The recipe calls for 1 cup, I will throw in at least another half cup. Also, as a side note, I used frozen raspberries, and it worked just fine. All in all they didn't dissapoint, I am working on my second one as breakfast right now! Sorry there is no picture, Michael took the camera and there were no muffins left when the camera got back home! I will make them again soon I am sure so I will post a picture next time!





8/22 Alright, so we are going out of town again this weekend, so I made these muffins to take with us. They are strawberry this time, and I once again am really enjoying them. I also used white whole wheat flour, with no problems or taste complaints. I got a picture this time too...YEAH!

Fresh out of the oven

Don't you think a cream cheese swirl would be amazing in here?

Maxine's Blueberry Muffins
Makes 12 regular of 6 texas sized muffins

INGREDIENTS:
2 cups AP flour
1 cup sugar
1 Tblsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup milk (I used 1/2 and 1/2)
1/2 cup melted butter (1 stick)
1 beaten eggs
1 cup blueberries (or raspberries!)

DIRECTIONS:
Preheat oven to 350
Mix dry ingredients together in large bowl
Then add milk, melted butter and the beaten eggs. Mix jut until all is incorporated, be sure notto overmix!!
Gently stir in the berries.
Pour into lined or sprayed muffin tins, sprinkle tops with coarse pearl sugar
Bake for approimately 20 minutes,or unil golden brown and center tests done with a toothpick.



No comments: