Monday, August 18, 2008

Who says dinner can't be easy?

Michael and I got back from the airport late Saturday night, so the kitchen opened back up Sunday. I made french toast with some wonderful chicken sausage for breakfast and got some enchiladas done up for dinner. I am big on convenience and don't believe that everything needs to be made by scratch, I would probably do a lot less cooking if it did!! I guess I fancy myself a bit as Sandra Lee the semi-homemade cook. My enchilada recipe follows, pretty basic and pretty tasty. As a side we had a black bean and corn salad, and we topped off our enchiladas with sour cream. They do not photograph well at all, but the pictures at least give you an idea. And if anyone has a great way to keep my tortillas from cracking when I roll the enchiladas, please share, because I think that I have tried them all!

Tortillas stuffed and rolled, waiting for the sauce.

Ready to go in the oven.

Plated up and ready to be enjoyed!

Enchiladas


INGREDIENTS:
10 corn tortillas
1 pound ground beef
2 cups shredded cheese
1 20 0z can of enchilada sauce (we are a mild family)
1/2 large onion chopped
2 cloves garlic minced
1 TB olive oil

DIRECTIONS:
Brown the oil, onion, and garlic in a large frying pan. Add the ground beef and cook until done, set aside.
Preheat oven to 400.
Grease a 9x13 pan (I use 2 8x8 pans and freeze a batch for another night!) In each tortilla add about 4TB ground beef mixture. Sprinkle a TB cheese on top of meat, roll tortilla sides in, and place seam side down in greased pan. Continue with remaining tortillas.
Once all enchiladas are rolled pour can of enchilada sauce over the top, sprinkle remaining cheese, cover with foil and bake for 30-40 minutes. Let sit for 5 minutes before serving.

Michael wanted you to all know what it would look like when you were done...I think he just wants to be more involved in my blog!

1 comment:

Kristi said...

I steam my tortilla's in the microwave to help them roll. It's a trick I learned from my MIL. I take damp napkins and place in between each tortilla. This makes a really nice soft tortilla! I am going to try this recipe this week. I can't wait.